Test jouw energiemanagement vandaag met deze test!
Zit jij dichtbij een Energie Crisis?
Dit testje komt uit het artikel ‘Manage your energy, not your time’ van Tony Schwartz en anderen. Ook zij kijken naar ‘Brein, Lichaam, Emotie en Ziel’ en specificeren dit. Tel per onderdeel het aantal keer dat het statement voor jou klopt. En kijk dan aan het eind hoe het met jouw totale energiemanagement gaat.
- I have difficulty focusing on one thing at a time, and I am easily distracted during the day, especially by e-mail.
- I spend much of my day reacting to immediate crises and demands rather than focusing on activities with longer-term value and high leverage.
- I don’t take enough time for reflection, strategizing, and creative thinking.
- I work in the evenings or on weekends, and I almost never take an e-mail–free vacation
- I don’t regularly get at least seven to eight hours of sleep, and I often wake up feeling tired.
- I frequently skip breakfast, or I settle for something that isn’t nutritious.
- I don’t take regular breaks during the day to truly renew and recharge, or I often eat lunch at my desk, if I eat it at all.
- I don’t work out enough (meaning cardiovasculair training at least three times a week and strength training once a week)
- I don’t have enough time with my family and loved ones, and when I’m with them, I’m not always really with them.
- I don’t stop frequently enough to express my appreciation to others or to savor my accomplishments and blessings.
- I frequently find myself feeling irritable, impatient, or anxious at work, especially when work is demanding.
- I have too little time for the activities that I most deeply enjoy.
- There are significant gaps between what I say is most important to me in my life and how I actually allocate my time and energy.
- I don’t spend enough time at work doing what I do best and enjoy most.
- My decisions at work are more often influenced by external demands than by a strong, clear sense of my own purpose.
- I don’t invest enough time and energy in making a positive difference to others or to the world.
|How is your overall energy?|
Total number of statements checked: __
Guide to scores
0–3: Excellent energy management skills
4–6: Reasonable energy management skills
7–10: Significant energy management deficits
11–16: A full-fledged energy management crisis
What do you need to work on?
Number of checks in each category:
Guide to category scores:
0: Excellent energy management skills
1: Strong energy management skills
2: Significant energy management deficits
3: Poor energy management skills
4: A full-fledged energy management crisis